Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Back to Austria

Well, after my brief stint back in Italy, I headed back to Austria to finish up that country. Innsbruck is this town that is fairly modern, with this great old city right in the middle of it. Anywhere you walk in town where you are not overshadowed by buildings, you are surrounded by these glorious mountains in the background that are covered in snow. I walked around town and checked it out. It was one of those towns where I just basically explored instead of actually going into anything. The Swarkstika (I know I spelled that wrong, but its the crystal company that is really famous) has there headquarters here and this museum that is supposed to be amazing, but unfortunately it was closed for renovations for 2 months, so I settled for going into their store in the city. That was amazing cause they had a whole display downstairs and tons of items on display in the store.

The city itself is an olld city so there are many winding streets throughout it and tons of little stores with cute storefront windows. There are also some great Christmas stores there just filled with displays and ornaments that are so beautiful. There are also tons of people roasting chestnuts (just like the song) and selling them. I had to try some and they were awesome! I also went to a little cafe there one ady because it was cold out and I ordered a hot chocolate. This hot chocolate was the best one I have ever had in my life! They brought out this big cup of hot milk, a small soft chocolate bar, some cream (it is basically like whip cream except not as sweet) and some sugar and YOU make your own hot chocolate just to your taste! It was absolutely amazing and I sat there sipping my chocolate and reading for a good hour and a half before leaving!

No comments: