While, my time in Switzerland was great cause I got to see many different towns. I stopped in Zurich for the afternoon on my way into Bern. Zurich is an interesting city because it is this crazy busy huge city and right in the middle of it is this really old town that is hundreds of years old with the winding streets and old buildings with buisinesses. I walked around the city and saw the beautiful rivers that run through it and then walked to two churches there. One of them had these extremely beautiful stained glass windows by Chagrall. I wish we could have taken pictures! After that, I cruised around the old town and checked out some of the buildings and stores. By this time, it was time for a little afternoon snack and I wanted to try this cafe my guidebook recommended, so I headed off in search of that. This cafe was beautiful with silk flowers all over for decorations and boquets of them draped from the ceilings, Christmas trees decorated with ornate ornaments, little sparkly white lights all over and so many beautiful ribons and decorations. I got a hot chocolate and apple strudel and enjoyed the ambiance.
That night, I headed off to the capital of Switzerland, Bern for 2 days. Bern is a beautiful city with a great old town as well pearched up above this river that runs right next to the city. There are a bunch of trees all throughout the city and because it is fall, they are all of the beautiful colors of yellows, reds, and oranges. There are some beautiful old buildings there are well that I saw and thoroughly enjoyed walking around the town.
I went to the city of Lucerne as well for part of one day and also to Fribourgh. Both of them are just beautiful old cities that have rivers running right through the middle of them. There are old churches and buisinesses and they just have a great feel about them because they are modern while at the same time being old. It is an interesting contrast to see.
The scenery in this country has been beautiful on the train rides because there are rolling hills and mountains all over. On the trains, we passed many little towns with farms along the way that had a variety of animals grazing in the front yards. There was also numerous trees that were a whole rainbow of colors covering the hillsides as we went that really were quite beautiful to look at. Normally I read or sleep on trains, but in this case, had my eyes out the windows the entire time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment