Well, I spent 3 days in Rome and it was amazing. I left my last campsite in Tuscany with this couple in their 20s I had met and they were going to the same place I was in Rome, SO we traveled there together on the trains. We arrived there at the campsite after a long day of travel and got situated. The following day, I headed into town and checked out the Vatican Museum. I might have been scared off because the line wrapped around the block for miles except that i had met some people the day before who said that it actually only takes about a hlaf an hour. It was not as bad as it looked. I wandered around the museums looking at the amazing collection of art on display there and was in complete awe of the paintings and sculptures. I then made my way to the Sistine Chapel and just stood in there staring for a while. It really was unbelieveable. Afterwards, I headed into St. Peters Bascilica and could not believe how grand and ornate it was. It was absolutely beautiful and breathtaking. It really was a work of art within itself. I sat outside in St. Peters Square for a while just kinda taking it all in nad had to remind myself that i really was in Rome. I next went to see the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain. I almost did not go and i am so glad I did. This fountain took up the entire plazza and was just beautiful. That night i hiked up to a hill overlooking Rome and watched the sunset. It was such a great day.
My second day there, I headed off to explore the Roman Forum, the Coluseum, and Palatine HIll. You can see by looking at all of these ruins in the middle of modern day Rome,what a grand city this was at one time. It is almost hard to comprehend that they are thousands of years old when the oldest thing in our country is only 200 years old. They werejust gorgeous though and I think I tookway too many pcitures,but it was worth it.
I really really had a great time there, looking at all of the old buildings and sights. It was amazing!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment